Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ren Fest 2011!

I have a thing for traditions. In that I really like them. There's something awesome about having something planned from year to year that you look forward to. I welcome all proposed traditions!

The most recent tradition I have participated in is going to the 2011 Renaissance Festival with Courtney. This is the third year in a row for me and my second year with Courtney. As we were walking back to the car this year, we decided that this was a tradition that should continue next year and beyond.

We don't go to participate. We go to see people in costume, eat awesome food, and browse odd and interesting stores. Courtney came home with a mug made out of a tree trunk! Where else could you find such a treasure?

We also make it a point to take our photo in every "face-in-hole" opportunity. Check out some of these doosies:

The King
The Queen
The Ren Fest knows what's hot.
Just precious.
So awkwardly alone...
Will and Andrew
See how much fun you can have at the Renaissance Festival?? We drank hot mead and ate yummy foods. I bought a mug and some honey sticks. I guess it is destined to rain every year that we go, but that's alright, we still manage to have a pretty good time.

We've always just been to the Kansas City Ren Fest, but I should really look into what happens here in Chicago. It could get even more interesting and weird here - which would be awesome!

Have a great week!

H&W

No comments:

Post a Comment